BIG CHANGES & BIG PLANS - UPDATE

12/27/2016 08:35:00 am

Hey everyone GUESS WHO'S BACK! Wow I've actually really missed blogging :( By the way! THANK YOU FOR 75,000+ views! Honestly I don't even know how there are still readers checking in on my blog when this place is like a ghost town hahaha :)



Well, in case you didn't know, I was away mainly because I was lazy again  I had my O levels exams! If you've seen my previous post or my YouTube video (link: here), I actually applied via Early Admissions Exercise (EAE) - basically the revamped Direct Poly Admission - and I'm happy to announce that I got accepted into Singapore Polytechnic for the Creative Writing for TV and New Media course!!



Since I got accepted, I only had to meet the requirement of 26 and below for my L1R4, which means I basically don't really need to study for O levels and can still get in hahaha but I still had to study hard to achieve my dream of a single digit for my L1R5! I'll most likely be doing a separate blog post on the whole EAE process and share some tips at a later time :) Let me know if you'll like that down in the comment box below!


Okay, back to the topic! I've been away for a REALLY long time and 2016 is coming to an end, a lot of things has definitely changed and I can't wait to share all the exciting things I have planned!! I'll be investing my time to grow my YouTube and blog, try to save my hopeless Instagram, and having lots of fun after my Os! But first, let's talk about some of the things that have changed :)


Changes in 2016


March

My braces are off! Now my jaw is straightened and I can smile prettier than before hahaha :)

Check out my instagram to see my selfies hehe instagram.com/smileforlovers

I'm also descending into this bottomless pit of Korean beauty products and all my money have literally flown away to Etude House and Innisfree. I'm not even kidding - I wish I was - but one day I looked at my piggy bank and realised all of my notes were gone and my secret stash of makeup was getting suspiciously larger.... I wonder why :') #noregrets 


And have you noticed that the basic blog layout is gone?! YAY


You won't believe the amount of hours, immense stress and brainpower I had experienced to achieve this almost perfect look for my blog!! Hahaha and it's all for free!!! I really didn't want to spend money to get a web developer to do this so I singlehandedly served countless of pre-made blog design websites and deciphered CODING (all by myself!) to modify it. I was so utterly whelmed by coding... Never again, please... :(


July

In July, I joined a gaming clan! I joined for the classic Team Fortress 2 but now I mostly play Overwatch and Minecraft, according to the founder, real-life friendships were SUPPOSED to be forged, so there were monthly clan bondings where we met up at the founder's house and have a somewhat good time together. I actually got KICKED OUT of the clan in December (I'll elaborate later on so continue reading) but I don't regret joining the gaming clan as it was through it that I...


...



...met my boyfriend!!!

The day we met!! <3

Teaching each other how to play tf2 and Overwatch lol

Look at his awkward hand


September

Yep, I am happily in a relationship! Still growing strong :)


He makes me so happy :)







29 September



It's Princess Jermaine's birthday! Celebrated my sweet 16! Spent it at Santa's Igloo at Scape with some of my then gaming clan mates. Actually I invited them because my boyfriend was supposed to go overseas on my birthday but turns out his trip was on 30 Sept and I couldn't exactly uninvite the others um so in the end my gaming clan mates kind of messed up my celebration but oh well, had fun! By the way, the Virtual Reality (VR) machine was spoiled and there was no popcorn so Santa's Igloo had false advertising sia





October



On the 1st of October, I finally graduated from my school after 4 years! NO MORE GREEN PINAFORES PLEASE hahaha to be honest, if I could turn back time, I'm sad to say that I still wouldn't have chosen TKGS... So many people have said that their time in secondary school was the best 4 years of their life but nope, not for me...

Thank you

Thank you


I've met good friends, learnt a lot about people and the teachers were generally really good but I just think the school wasn't right for me. Or perhaps if I could turn back time, I'll simply not screw up my own social life in secondary 1 by being so obnoxious and bossy hahaha. Just something about girls' school, I guess. I think I get along better with friends from the opposite gender haha


Hopefully poly will be the 'best time of my life', please!



I also had my O LEVELS where I didn't even feel the stress, partly because I knew I already had a spot in Singapore Poly, but I hope I still get a single digit for my L1R5! During the O level period, I was an emotional wreck because I got into really bad arguments with my family :( However, even though I spend the previous days crying my eyes out, I tried my best to focus on the examinations the next day. Sigh I remember there was a 15 marks essay for Social Studies, there were 3 questions on 3 different topics, but I unfortunately did not study for any topics that came out and just 'winged' it omg


November

The best part of my November was the school prom night! Even though I only represented my class as the Prom Queen nominee bc no one else wanted to be, I was surprised to win the TKGS Talent Award! I think my ballet dance in my long prom dress stood out exceptionally since the other nominees either sang or made a speech during their '30 seconds of fame'. (You can see it when I finally edit and post my Prom Night vlog!!)




Prom was held at Fairmont Hotel!


I had so much fun on Prom night, it was seriously one of the best nights of my secondary school days! I dolled up really nicely for prom and wore my mother's old ROM dress. You can see how I got ready for Prom in my 'Get Ready with me' video!




I've filmed a vlog on my school prom night but because I'm so lazy who knows when I'll edit it :P I'll update here when I post it!


Update:




December 


I've been scrolling through FastJobs every few hours trying to find suitable part-time jobs! Working is something I've been looking forward to bc I really want to get a first-hand experience of working in the real world. Not just the work attachments I did last year or helping out at my mum's childcare centre. I know a lot of people who go to work end up saying their best times were when they were schooling but my school days haven't been exactly fantastic haha 





I've previously interned in an office (link: here) but my first part-time job in December was to distribute flyers for StarHub in HDBs and at the roadshow. IT WAS SO TIRING. I collapsed on my dining table and silently cried because I felt cheated - I did not know I have to distribute in HDBs and climb 40 stories of stairs!!! Thankfully, I could work together with my boyfriend and it was at Tiong Bahru Plaza, just below my house so it wasn't that bad! We actually slacked off a lot but the pay was good! $8/hr!!



The 2nd job I took on was as a telemarketer paying $9/hr and $25 commission! Basically what I had to do is call a list of house numbers and follow a script. Although I had no idea about housing loans, I just had to ask them if they are paying for any existing housing loans, introduce a promotion package and take down their particulars. I quit after the 3 days trial because it was too boring though, hahahaha



Currently, I've already confirmed 2 jobs which I will be taking on from January to March! 1 is as a telemarketer cum receptionist and the other is as a Spa Front Desk Receptionist! Both pay pretty well :)


Ready for the most dramatic part of this post?


My boyfriend and I got KICKED OUT of the gaming clan after 6 months LOL. Well, we knew it was bound to happen since we often disagree with the leader's decisions and the people were quite immature and 'ah beng-like'. (oops) It's a SUPER long long long story and I've actually considered ranting out in a YouTube video or blog post but that's so burdensome and requires so much effort so... sian. But oh well maybe one day!


In short, what happened was that my boyfriend and I wanted a clan member who intentionally trapped us in a very heavy thunderstorm by locking us out of the condo gate and laughing in our face to apologise for his actions. I mean, any stranger who did that has no heart, much less a clan member in a clan that was supposed to forge real friendships right???? Unfortunately, everyone in the clan disagreed with us and claimed that we were stirring up drama for attention and blamed us instead for following them when running for shelter. They also used a lot of Hokkien cuss words while I questioned the boy's upbringing. They even went as far as to say 'where is ur brain', 'I bet at least 3 people will agree with me' that 'no matter how hard u fight ah.. no one will support u de' and 'no one likes to make friends with u' HAHAHA and that same guy said we were immature. OKAY :D


I admit that my boyfriend and I were also in the wrong for thinking that such boys could understand our logic and morals and further enticing them haha


Also to make it clear I said 'Just says a lot about a person's upbringing' - I didn't say he has a bad upbringing, I didn't say his parents are bad, I did not insult his parents, sooo they scolded me because they think I said that. If the shoes fits.... OKAY :D


Well, I also said something quite offensive to the gaming clan leader by questioning whether he was acting like what a Christian should be then he immediately removed us from the group



IT WAS BOUND TO HAPPEN ANYWAYS, better now than later, I guess. Just feel bad for the $14 I spent on the awful BBQ and the wasted resources on my clan drawstring bag. Like what am I supposed to do with it now


On a separate note, I wanted to dye my hair pastel pink but I'll have to bleach my hair twice, the colour won't stay for long and not to mention all the MONEY I'll spend, so perhaps I'll dye it light brown with pink highlights. I think I might miss my virgin black hair though... Hmm definitely something to look forward to!



OKAY, so what are my big plans for the future? :)


My YouTube


I've actually been doing mostly vlogs on my channels and I've decided I'll be making more beauty, makeup style videos and perhaps some gameplay videos of the video games I play (Overwatch, League of Legends, Team Fortress 2). Most channels usually stick with 1 type of videos but bc it'll be so bothersome to grow a whole new channel again, I'll just be sticking to my current one and branching out into different aspects so remember to hit that subscribe button and stay tuned because I'm just getting started!! 




Some sneak peeks of videos I'll be doing:
- Everyday Makeup Tutorial (filmed)
- Get Ready with Me: Prom Night (done)
-Collabs with some of my friends who do YouTube too!!! (filmed)
- A secret social experiment!!!

My Blog


I've travelled Bangkok (again) this December so expect my 3rd travel photo diary and I'll be going to Japan next year too!! YESSSS


I'll also be sharing my thoughts on everyday things, whatever that irks me off or inspires me :) My blog is like my open diary, although it takes a lot of effort to post quality posts, I choose quality over quantity!

My Instagram

In hopes of a better feed, I deleted my previous pictures! Please send help by kindly following and liking my pictures thank you very much @ughjermaine



My Snapchat




You can add me @jermaineleee on Snapchat! I am a huge snapchat user and update daily and you can get a sneak peek into my life through my Snapchat!


My New Year's Resolution


Is to control my temper better and refrain from toxic words that I don't mean just because of the heat of the moment!

---

As always, thank you so much for reading, if you've stayed till the end, you're a real friend! <3 This post has been pretty boring as it's just an update, so be sure to check out some of my other posts! Also feel free to comment down below (anonymously if you'd like), what are some of the things you'll like to see on my blog or on my YouTube! Let me know what you think of my new blog design, what 2016 has been like for you, your new's year resolution and any questions that you wanna ask me! 


Don't forget to subscribe to my YouTube (enable notifications) and follow my Instagram to know when I next update my blog! (Hopefully soon!)


♥,
Jermaine x

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. can i just say how your bf tried to hit on me in aug/sept :) no hate tho. just thought that you should know.

    ReplyDelete