Photo Diary

Photo Diary: Goodbye 2013

12/29/2013 08:26:00 pm

It's nearly the end of 2013 and we are just days away from 2014!


Wow... I just can't believe it. 2013 was the year where I was basically an emotional wreck throughout. There were so many crying-myself-to-sleep nights, hyper moments where I could not stop talking and looking back now, it sort of seems like a blur. There was a lot of things happening at once and I would feel like I was at the top of the world one moment and at rock bottom the next. There were all these friendship problems, boy troubles, family arguments and it just felt like a roller coaster that kept moving up and down continually and I was wishing it would end.


Now it is finally coming to an end and I am actually not sure if 2014 would be a better or worse year for me. I mean, I actually have to work really hard next year! It's the year where I get to choose what subjects I want to take for my 'O' Levels and my end of year marks will determine all of that. I can already feel my stress level rising! It may also be the last year I get to see my best friends as often because we will most likely go to different classes in 2015 :(  





Well, enough of that, let's take a look on some of my highlights of my year so far!





The first day was of school was amazing and if you've read one of my earlier posts about School and Friends (click here if you have not read it!), you'll know all the drama I had to put up with and gosh, I honestly cannot be any happier I'm going to be in the same class next year so everyone knows everyone and there is not going to be any new rivalry. I miss my two best friends so much, I even miss Jasmine's nerd talk about her fictional characters!



Getting into Drama Club has got to be one of the biggest moments of 2013! Only 8 Sec 1s were chosen!

That's me in the navy blue polo tee :)
The one who smiled so big my eyes are missing haha

Lower secondary Drama Club performed at the Lim Bo Seng memorial! Was so glad I got the opportunity to be casted as the Lead Actress (I was playing as a male though) and although it was awkward to have to propose to my 'wife', the applause and laughter from the audience was all worth it :) Knowing all the long long hours you spent on stage paid off is what makes acting exciting! Can't believe we were in the newspaper!



Cross country, the day my friendship with them grew stronger and I discovered I could actually be sporty if I tried. 



When I first got my pointe shoes! Don't judge okay, the ribbon was not yet sewn on, the shoe was so hard I could kill someone with it (still can actually), the arch was not yet formed and I had not even learnt how to properly stand on pointe shoes at that time. 


The terrible HAZE PERIOD of Singapore in the June Holidays! Please pardon my messy hair, I look like I just woke up...



Primary School Reunion and ice skating @ JCube. Amazing memories were made that day.

Something really sad happened just before school reopened and I don't want to post any pictures or talk about it much so let's skip that life-changing experience and go back to school...





Sec 4 farewell performance! I was the Captain Pirate...



I tripped over my friend's bag and scratched my arm on the side of the metal thing on the whiteboard. I did not cut myself okay, don't get the wrong idea. It may not be that significant but it left a brown scar that has not faded and probably never will :(



My first time watching a real soccer match with my own eyes! We ran to TKSS and watched this 'friendly' soccer match between the teachers of TKGS and TKSS. Friendly my head, it was so intense. I mean, if you guys were the ones entering our school, we would actually be friendly unlike some people...



Met Ridhan Azman (one of the dudes in Ah Boys to Men) at Domino's. I look so tiny next to him haha.
Disadvantages of being short :/



First job at my mother's office! Had to stamp and cancel 4 boxes of 500 envelopes! So tiring :(



Father's Master Degree Graduation Ceremony. So proud of him!



Intermediate Foundation Vocational Ballet exam! Was so nervous because it was my first time taking a Major Exam! Look at Phoebe's face I still don't know what she is doing.


Happy Birthday to me :) The day I cried because I thought I would not get a new phone but I did :) Awfully chocolate cake and my favourite Japanese restaurant!




MCees for my 2nd Aunt's wedding!

My maternal family :)



Drama Elective was one of the reasons why I chose TKGS!


I found out I got the Edusave Bursary Award for being Top 25% in the cohort and the Edusave Good Progress Award, this was my first time getting 2 awards in a year! My family was proud of me and I was so so happy because my hard work finally paid off.  


My Japan Trip :) You can read the photo diary of my 6D7N Japan Trip by clicking here

And last but not least, watching my baby sister Jerleen grow week by week. I hardly get to see her, much less play and be there for her. Sorry I can't be with you every day as you slowly grow. Sorry I wasn't even able to be with you on your 1st birthday. I love you a lot and I will cherish whatever time I have with you :)



-----


Some parts of 2013 were terrible and I would love to wipe them clean off my mind but even I know that is not right. I should remember the wrong things I've done and all the terrible consequences. At the starting of the year I was really anti-social and was only interested in my phone and texting my... friends.


I was a terrible sister to Charlize and I barely talked to her at all when I came back from school! When I did talk to her, it was either to ask her to leave me alone or to shut up. It was not that I did not try to get along better with her, it is just that every time she takes too long to form a sentence, my patience snaps and I ignore her or walk away. The fact that I am 7 years older than her did not help. I try and just when things get better, I stop trying because it just takes way too much effort. Charlize does not really know how to express her frustration so she physically hurt me. I hate that and I will then push her away.



Thank goodness my parents had a really serious talk with me about my relationship with my sister and now you can barely get the two of us to shut up and stop laughing so loudly! Sure, she's annoying, loud, stubborn, whiny... the list goes on and on but at the end of the day I am still her older sister, the one she looks up to and the only one that she can really have fun with.


I think I have definitely matured in some ways and improved attitude-wise. I think I have become more understanding and finally realised that everything my parents do are to protect me from any harm, emotionally and physically. My temper improved a little? I hope? LOL my face complexion improved too. I was not as miserable as I was in 2012 where more bad things occurred compared to the good. Besides some bad episodes, (my close friends would know what I am talking about) I think 2013 has been a relatively good year. The bad incidents taught me some important life lessons and made me closer to my friends and family so I guess that is the sliver lining to the dark dark cloud. I have now learnt how to be a better friend, leader, daughter and sister :) I am ready for whatever 2014 is going to throw at me and this time I think I will handle it much better!


HAPPY NEW YEAR! Stay golden :) 


♥,
Jermainex



You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Wow looks like you have actually been through alot during the year. Time just somehow passes by really quickly doesn't it? You've made a really lovely photo diary and wrote about all the feelings you had to bear through this year. It was really interesting to read it. Hapoy New Year Gem :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Personally i feel we both have foster a closer bond this year, especially when you are slowly maturing into a small adult and begin to understand a lot of things from an adult's point of view. This year, i feel you are not as bitter, you are more open to criticisms and you are able to let go of unhappy thoughts. This is a big step forward. Stay sweet and innocent as long as you can but still be aware of the changes around you. There are many temptations but i trust your have a strong heart and mind to follow what is right. Ps: You are always my darling (can i say baby here?) LOL

    ReplyDelete