Tips

I Need A Time Machine

1/26/2014 09:48:00 pm

I'm so sorry! For the past two weeks I have neglected my blog and went on an unintentional hiatus :( I am really so busy that I did not even know I hit 4000+ reads! Thanks for that!

I'm sec 2 this year... It's my streaming year! 

 Now, I have loads of reasons (or you can think of them as excuses) and I guess I'll share them with you as I'm pretty sure many of you are coping with the same stress as I am.


Monday - Drama until 6.30pm reach home at 7.30+
Tuesday - rush home for tuition at 4.30pm until 6
Wednesday - Ballet at 5.30 reach home at 6.30+
Thursday - Drama Elective until 3.15pm
Friday - Drama until 6 and reach home at 7+
Saturday - Ballet at 11 and guitar at 2.30
Sunday - Family day and homework day :(


I take nearly an hour to reach home from my school. I usually take a nap in the bus because I'm exhausted :(


And guess what? I have to sleep at 9. 9.30pm the latest or else I'll be in a very bad mood the next day as I have to wake up at 5.25am.


I take an hour plus to finish my homework after dinner and bathing. And that leaves about half an hour or less for my family...


Now do you see the trouble I have trying to squeeze out time for blogging and doing my own things? I still have not watched the new episodes of Pretty Little Liars and it's my favourite TV show! I am currently writing this in the school library while my classmates are having D&T or Home Econs. Since I'm in DEP I don't have to take them yay :) But I keep getting distracted by YouTube...


Anyways, I decided that I will write a blog post on how to manage time better so that I can help not only myself but all those who have way too many things they need to do and too little time!


The first thing I learnt was to plan what to do with my time and follow closely to it. I actually planned to write all my blog posts during my bus rides but I just can't :( I need to rest and I will get slight motion sickness if I use my phone on moving vehicles. Maybe you can do something like what I did above? Trust me, it helps a lot. I stopped freaking out so much and can manage time better. Example, if my ballet is at 5.30, I have to eat and bathe by 4.45 and leave the house at 5. Planning also helps prioritise what is more important.


Second thing, believe it or not, talking it out. I complain about being busy and not having time to shop to my best friends in the Whatsapp group. I just feels better when I rant.


Another thing, don't procrastinate! All the undone work will just be left aside and slowly it will become a mountain and topple over you and you will DIE of exhaustion and stress.


Always have time to SLEEP. Teenagers need at least 8.5 hours of sleep a day and yeah nobody cares but it seriously makes a big difference. Sleeping at 9 makes me alert and energetic, sleeping at 10 makes me so cranky I feel like murdering everyone. (I'm kidding don't arrest me) It's quite hard to find time to go sleep early especially with all the homework due the next day but oh well, just try to sleep more and you'll feel ten times better! (Okay, I'm exaggerating but you know what I mean...) If you are a night owl who works better at night, take a long nap in the afternoon!


And most importantly, have something to look forward to so it can motivate yourself to do stuff instead of staring into space. Not only will it refresh your mind, it's good for your body, too. I can't wait for the March Holidays. I swear I'll have at least one day of fun with my friends to go shopping, talk, eat and just hang out! I'm already saving money for shopping haha :) It's important to relax. Check your Instagram, Twitter and Facebook but obviously don't focus only on that.



So that's it! The post is quite short and I apologise for that but we are all busy people and all have better things to do (Go do your homework!) and my free period is about to end and I'm going to have Chinese class soon :(


I hope my post has helped you manage time better and not always stress about it so much! If you are considerably quite a free person, good for you! Go relax and have fun while you still can :) If you're always busy, like me, I would love it if you could share with me your schedule or what are some other ways that help you handle your time! Comment below!


♥,
Jermainex






You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Haha well looks like you adjusted to your busy schedule quite quickly! Believe me I'm dtill freaking over all this time management. Well I'm also in sec 2 so I understand how you feel. Well work hard and have fun!

    ReplyDelete