Experiences

My EXO FROM EXOPLANET: The Lost Planet #1 Experience

8/25/2014 02:41:00 am

I have not been blogging since April and I'm sorry about that but just like every teenager I have school, exams, CCA and a social life. I decided to blog again bc I wanted to share about the entire EXO Concert experience from beginning to end bc I know some fans have not been so lucky to get tickets and maybe I can share my happiness and memories with you :) Sorry if most of the pictures are too bright or blur but it's hard to take pictures with a smartphone, shaky hands and mean security guards :/


If you didn't know, there was one entire day of priority ticket booking for OCBC Cardholders and the public ticket sales started the next day. It was good news for me as my mum had cards from like every bank so on July 25, I got ready at 9.30 and at 9.45 I was literally shaking and refreshing the page every minute. At 10 it started to load so slowly I was freaking out just chanting "OH MY GOD" again and again. After I think 10 minutes of waiting, I was so happy when I got in, but Standing Area A was sold out in the 10 minutes when I was waiting so I was automatically assigned the next best area, standing area B. I was so close to completing my order and was at the Check-Out stage when it suddenly said 'website was not available'. I SWEAR I NEARLY DIED refreshing the page. Fortunately, it worked when I clicked the back button :) I chose the option of Print-At-Home tickets and then everything was normal until I had to choose what outfit to wear.


I was praying and counting on my luck to be chosen on the stage for the Special Stage so I wanted to stand out and look different since everyone would be wearing Wolf 88 or EXO shirts. After much dilemma and shopping, I finally decided on a crop top with sliver sleeves, a holographic skater skirt, my holographic sling clutch and my sliver creepers. The creepers were kind of impractical as it hurt after a few hours but it really boosts my height and I was afraid that being 153, I would be blocked in the moshpit. Anyways I brought along slippers that I wore when waiting to go into the venue and changed into my creepers when they started letting us go in.


On August 23 (THE DAY HAD FINALLY ARRIVED), My friend and I arrived at Indoor Sports Stadium at about 2.30pm then we went around collecting banners and after a while we heard a lot of screaming from the car park and so on instinct I called my friend and I ran as fast as I could on my creepers. Everybody was screaming so loud and there were construction barriers and I guessed the boys were alighting from the van. Because I was too short I couldn't see anything even when I stood on the concrete bump (?) in the parking lot. I had to hold onto the backpack of a girl in front of me to prevent from falling and she was nice enough :) I saw a man wearing a black cap and black long sleeves shirt and if I remember correctly, black sunglasses. I thought it was Tao bc his airport fashion is usually black and the man looked quite tall. After that I heard many people said it was D.O. (My Kyungsoo omg) and I was unsure if I saw him or the staff. The rest of EXO was in a different van that went straight into the stadium and the windows were tinted black so we couldn't see them. Kyungsoo was in a different van bc he came directly from the airport after the filming of It's Okay, It's Love. I so regret not putting eye drops in my eyes bc my contact lens were so dry it blurred my vision, that's why I couldn't even recognise my bias...

The concert itself was just FANTASTIC and I don't even know how else to explain it. My experience with Sports Hub however, was not very happy as they spent very long rearranging us into our queue numbers when we were already sitted in the queue based on first come first serve. I feel that Spirts Hub should have been clearer on their website and said that there's no point in going early when you have a queue number like 2319. They did state that there it a queue number but it was given randomly so even if you bought your tickets first you may have to stand behind and if you bought the ticket just before it sold out and you're lucky you may have a queue number of 2001 :( At least the usher was nice and she tried hard to get the job done as fast and smooth as possible. They checked our bags and made us throw away all our drinks, even plain water so after the concert everyone was freaking thirsty and some people started to tear open the boxes of water. I'm not even guilty to say that I took some even when the usher said "this water is not for you". AESC (I think), the guards in the stadium itself, WAS HORRENDOUS. I get it that no photo and video taking are allowed but please not even some?! They would stand guard and when caught, they used a blinding flashlight to shine on the 'culprit' and give her an evil eye stare. They blocked our views by randomly popping out and were so RUDE. THEY DIDN'T even allowed me to go to the bathroom 1 and a 1/2 hours before the concert started saying that it was troublesome when it really wasn't, they just had to lift up the curtain under the stage and move the barrier. They guy said that if we went out we would have to join Standing Area C when we returned. I was so annoyed, we paid extra to be in the VIP section and they treated us so badly. How did they expect us to hold our urine for 2+ hours? (I managed to hold it in the end)


There were also many fanclubs like EXO Union, EXO Nation and more then the president (I think) of the some fanclub giving out the 3.6.5. was so RUDE. She kept shouting "People at the back, move back!" Firstly, why should we listen to her? She didn't spend more money than us buying the tickets. I know many people wouldn't want to stand 2 hours in the queue and would rather sit but why must she shout at us? Secondly, there was a lot of space for the people to move front and can't she walk to the back and ask them nicely to move? And also I overheard saying "f*ck this why are we doing so much so for EXO when they don't care about us" when she was giving out the banners. Sooo president material. 



Although there were times I regretted buying the VIP standing area when I could only see their butts (12 BUTTS SHAKING IN MY FACE) when they were standing too far away, I think the boys tried to make it as 360° as possible :) We kept running and looking around trying to get a good spot to see them for their solo stages and we were all squeezing which honestly I didn't really mind bc I went prepared and the moshpit was actually quite large. We could even sit down! Their solo stages were all amazing but in my opinion, Tao's martial arts, Lay's power dance and  Chanyeol's drums were the BEST. In Suho's special stage, he got a single rose and a Polaroid and took a picture with a fan in I think, Standing Area D. I think he picked the prettiest fan hehe.






When the boys were performing Moonlight we could really see them up close and they looked so passionate dancing. THEIR BODY WAVES AND SEXY MOVES AND THRUSTS OMG. Also, they really had a lot of love for EXO-L and they kept showing their appreciation and thanking us. It was so sweet of them, they said it felt good to see EXO-L in Singapore since the last time they came to Singapore, it was with their SMTOWN sunbaenims, and now every single one of us is a fan especially for EXO. All the members were so nice especially Lay who said he can't believe Singapore girls are so pretty and he was thankful for the fan events like the banners we held up for 3.6.5, hearts for Lucky and wore crowns for Peter Pan. 




I also loved it that the boys learnt more English to speak to us and Suho was so funny with his English. There were so many awkward pauses when he can't think of the English word and everyone laughed, including EXO. At one point Suho said he hope that we can see their passion when they are performing but he pronounced passion like patience. So funny omg. That reminded me of the time he wrote 'Fashion' instead of 'Passion' on his cookie as a lame joke. Tao was really good with his "Make some noise!", "What's up Singapore" and "Say EXO (EXO), Say T-A-O (T-A-O)" and he even apologised for not learning more English. At that point I felt like hugging him and saying it's okay and that I'm thankful for the effort he made. The boys all introduced themselves in English and when it was Kyungsoo's turn, he said in Korean that the members have said everything he wanted to say and that he was thankful. Lay was also lightening the mood by speaking in Chinese. There was also a time when they showed the boys' pictures with their autograph and a small message and I remember Chen wrote 'Love... I love you". Lay wrote SO much, I think they were writing it on a rectangular writing pad and Lay filled up the entire space. We didn't have enough time to read the entire message though. Most of the other members also wrote 'I love you'. Through all their playful stages and teasing banter when they were talking, it really felt exactly like how they act in Variety and Reality shows. It didn't feel faked or staged, they were having fun and just being happy.






For the special stage, I didn't get picked :( Some said that they only choose the girl from Standing Area A in most countries and I was in Standing Area B :( But it's okay since they left the girl alone after talking and dancing a bit around her. KAI was on his bicycle for Peter Pan and everyone in my area was waving their light sticks at him so I did a heart with my hands and he probably spotted it as it was different from the rest and he made EYE CONTACT with me omg then I smiled showing my teeth and HE DID THE SAME OMG. AH HE WAS LOOKING AT ME IN THE EYES.  BAEKHYUN kept smiling, waving and making EYE CONTACT with me and the others in Area B. SUHO was good with his words and fanservice but I don't think he looked at me :(  Chanyeol and Tao used their index and middle fingers to beckon us towards them and that was so... How do I say this... HOT. Xiumin was so hyper when throwing roses (I forgot the song sigh) and everyone was so aggressive to grab it and short me didn't get any :( I made conversation with a guy and asked him how and who he got the rose from then I asked him if he could give it to me and he said no :(



One thing that I thought was special was that Baekhyun and Kai did the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge live and at their point the security let us take all the pictures and videos we want :P When they had to say goodbye, they kept emphasising that they really enjoyed coming to Singapore and it was a memorable time for both the fans and them :) They didn't want to leave... It's so sad when they had to go and the 2 and a 1/2 hours passed by so quickly :( Even Sehun who usually has a poker face can't help but smile when performing after hearing our devoted fan chants and screaming! Lay even that said that the concert in Singapore was the best one so far! Such a sweetheart :)


At the end of the concert, I had a blister and my little toe hurt :( But it was all worth it. The money, the hours of waiting, who cares about it when I get to see my idols in real life? They looked EXACTLY like how they looked in videos and pictures. I will never forget 230814. If you are considering going to EXO FROM EXOPLANET: THE LOST PLANET #1, don't hesitate, beg your parents, fight for the tickets, and in my opinion, it's better to get VIP seating :) I'm still having post-concert depression... I MISS THEM SO MUCH :( but at least now I have memories of them in my brain!

Feel free to share with me your experience of meeting EXO or attending their concert too if you have any!

❤,
Jermainex

You Might Also Like

10 comments

  1. which merch did u purchase there? dayum everything there's pretty cool but ex mhm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Official Fan Light which was SGD13, it was quite plain actually. Also bought an 'official' photo book for $5 from some random person... It had the SM label but I think it was not worth my money :/

      Delete
  2. Omg! Your bias is also kyungsoo??!! Me too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg I'm going tomorrow for the bangkok one and I was searching for mosh pit reviews when I came across this! So glad u had a great time, hope I get to be close to them too!!! (Im originally from singapore teehee)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. You're so lucky. ^^ How much was ticket price?

    ReplyDelete
  5. HELLO! There's an EXO planet #2 in SG this weekends and I got my print-at-home ticket but there's a different name on it! Are they going to check the name if we go in? or do we need to show any ID or student pass? I'm really worried because I'm also gonna stand and I paid a high price of money TT^TT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello, I am planning to watch Elyxion in Spore. Which one do you thing is the best, sitting or standing? Because I heard that standing category got you squeezed and you can't actually see them whole. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg this reply is way overdue and I think Elyxion is over, but if I could relive my concert experience, I would have preferred sitting, because I got squeezed and couldn't see all of them at times.

      Delete
  7. HI - this is non-EXO related but I find the blog helpful. Do you have any idea what the logic is in queue numbers? Like you had 23XX, does your standing area (B) start with 1? meaning you're the 23XXth person to enter?

    ReplyDelete