Experiences

How I Outsmarted a Carousell Pervert – Ladies, beware!

4/09/2018 10:29:00 am

DISCLAIMER: This happened more than a year ago and my responses and decisions were made when I was less mature. If this happened to me right now, I would just write an email to Carousell straightaway because I no longer have the energy to do funny but admittedly childish things like that anymore :') I kept this in my draft for so long, I might as well just post it, it's entertaining to me, at the very least.



Hi everyone, just thought I'll share about an experience I had with a pervert on Carousell. Hopefully this can help alert and warn other girls out there who might be dumbfounded when they are in the same situation! Or even just raise awareness that this kind of soliciting for nudes can happen anywhere, even on seemingly harmless platforms like Carousell. Sometimes these perverts may harass you even when you ignore them. This is not really a recommended or conventional way of confronting a prevent though.


This occurred near midnight and he was probably just a horny teenage boy or middle-aged man. Usually, I will just block and report but I guess I was feeling a little cheeky that day and honestly, I wanted to outsmart the guy and make him pay for it.


It was the holidays and I had tried getting a job everywhere. I applied for interviews via the Fastjobs app, walked around my residential area and shopping malls to hunt for "Hiring" signs but I was still unemployed. I'm sure at least some of my readers can relate when I say that my mum was really nagging at me to get a job hahaha. So, I resorted to posting a Carousell listing with some of my credentials and said that I was looking for receptionist/admin/event-based jobs.  I got the idea to post a listing when I saw other Carousell listings by other jobless teenagers too.


Some random stranger approached me with a "1hr for $100" text. Immediately, I knew what he was implying, and I thought that it'd be funny to play along with him, only to make sure his plan backfire and expose him afterwards.


Also, I thought it'd be a hilarious incident to share about on my blog! LOL honestly this whole thing is such a joke.

Here are the screenshots:

I wanted him to make me an offer so that I can leave him a permanent bad feedback and expose him.

I wanted to see how stupid he would could get 😂


"It is my policy I am experienced" HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I can't believe he fell for it


He even tried to send me offers and cancel it so as to prevent me from leaving him a negative feedback!


...Just wait for the exposé, it'll be good.


In a few short clicks, I quickly posted the negative feedback and my "BEWARE OF PERVERT" Carousell listing, before he had time to cancel his offer or react.








I created a new Carousell listing, uploaded the relevant screenshots and I included his @sniper420 username. After that, in an attempt to not be caught, he changed his username. I guess he embraced his true horny self after all.



So I updated my Carousell listing to include his new username, and he changed it to @jermineleesuckmycock. He even spelt my name wrongly??


HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

-

I then decided to email the Carousell support team and managed to get the pervert's account suspended and eventually taken down. It was my plan all along!!! 


Click for enlarged pic







I guess a lot of people will just say to block and report, and that's what I do on a normal basis when I get weird messages like that, but I guess this Carousell guy just disturbed me on a wrong day! meh at least I got to write a funny blog post out of this incident.


In fact, after I posted the listing on Carousell to expose the guy, some girls actually reached out to me and said that the same thing occurred to them, and they were quite amazed that I manage to trick the guy. Sadly, I've lost the screenshot of my Carousell listing, and the messages. I think Carousell took down my pervert warning listing too since it is not really selling anything and may lead to a bad rep for Carousell. I think they took down other people's one too because I can't find them anymore. So I do not have any other screenshots, you'll just have to take my word for it!


These are the only other screenshots I have of other "beware of pervert" listings:





While I hope that this blog post entertained you, it is also important to remember that sexual harassment is a serious topic and there are real-life instances where women are forced into situations where they are unable to say no. I'm sure there have been many cases where perverts solicit for sex from young women online. Just so happen that this guy was unlucky and messed with the wrong person.


If you finish this blog thinking this is such a waste of time, I do hope that there is at least one thing you can take away from this blog post: the next time you see someone that looks like they are in a tough spot and needs your help, just step in to help. You might feel like it is none of your business and you don't want to bother getting yourself involved, but you never know if you could have really saved that person from being sexually harassed, or in extreme cases, you might have even saved a person's life. If you just ignore and ignore, what's to stop disgusting people like that from approaching other people until someone finally caves in and give them what they want? It's time that both man and woman step up for themselves.



Not really related to the Carousell incident but this is important:


NO MEANS NO, I DON'T KNOW MEANS NO, SILENCE MEANS NO


-


Feel free to share with me in the comments section below if you have witnessed any situations like this before. This is a safe platform where anyone, regardless of gender, can confide, laugh or cry together :) You can even share anonymously if you'd like and I promise I'll try my best to reply!

Follow my instagram @ughjermaine
instagram.com/ughjermaine
youtube.com/jermaineleejiaxin

♥︎,
Jermaine x


You Might Also Like

2 comments