Thoughts

GIRLS, BOYS AND OUR BODY

11/20/2013 03:18:00 am





In this generation, it is no surprise to see girls dieting, boys working out like crazy, girls obsessed with their body weight and anorexic or bullimia teenagers. Why? These are some reasons why we get insecure so easily and I am going to talk about them.




1. Social Media
We can't live without this, we check our social networking sites when we wake up and before we sleep, our first instinct when we meet a friend is not to catch up on each other's life but to take a selfie and post it on instagram, facebook, twitter, etc. No harm done right? Wrong. When we scroll through our feed or timeline, we occasionally see a few pics of models, girls in bikinis, shirtless tumblr boys, pretty tumblr girls, thigh gaps, skinny legs, tall figure, muscular body and our minds subconsiously label them as 'perfect'. And like it or not, a part of us want to be like them. Videos, advertisements, television shows are other forms of social media. The next time you go out, look around, you can't escape from 'perfect' people. They are literally everywhere. So how do we deal with this? Accept the fact that there are always going to be people out there who are better than you one way or another. But they themselves are not perfect too! They may be insecure just like us!





2. Make Up
Most girls don't leave their house without having tons of make up on their face. Is it really that important? I understand if you want to cover your blemishes or pimples with foundation or bb cream but is applying three shades of eyeshadow and fake eyelashes really all that necessary? Okay it is not anybody else's business if you want to be vain or pretty for your boyfriend but don't you think you should let your natural beauty shine? Also, have you ever looked at someone else's body or face and hate them because they do? No! No one wants to be friends with a pretty girl with a terrible personality! Some girls use make up so much it is 'essential' in their lifes and when they remove them, they feel ugly and insecure. This isn't right! A girl should have confidence no matter how she looks or what she is wearing. some of the 'perfect' girls you see online don't even look like themselves when they remove their makeup. For God's sake there are twelve year old girls saving up their pocket money to buy makeup to wear to school!




There was a time when I was really insecure and my parents had to sit down and talk to me about it. I cried about how I hated my body and I explained in detail how ugly each part of my body is. My dad showed me a video of a model (her body figure is not skinny as other models) on the Ellen DeGeneres show and she said that she doesn't care that her haters called her a pig, she loves her body. At that moment when she said it, I swear I teared up. It is so hard to say that, especially nowadays and she was so confident even though she is not as slim as society's idea of a 'perfect' model, her personality was more important than her looks and even Ellen herself applauded for her. The video is available at the side if you want to watch it. I want all my readers, every single one of you, no matter if you are a boy or a girl, I want you to look into the mirror and say 'I love my body'. You will feel so much better! Stop looking at your imperfections and focus on more important things in life. Stop thinking negatively of yourself when there are so many more positive things! My mother told me that if I am here complaining about how fat my thighs, what about the people out there with no legs? We should feel blessed we are healthy and living and we should greet everyday with a smile on the face :)


PLEASE SHARE THIS POST! You may make someone feel better :)


Stay tuned for more!


♥,
Jermainex

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Wow! This is a really moving blog post. Just wow. It was really inspiring and was also great that you included your own experiences. Really great. Thumbs up from me :)

    ReplyDelete