Experiences

What To Do Before and During a First Date

7/26/2019 04:38:00 am

Hey everyone! I haven't blogged in a long time but recently I've been answering a lot of questions people have been asking me on my tellonym profile (it's a site where people can ask anonymous questions) and I realised I've been typing really long advice that might be able to help others too if I share it in a blogpost!


I feel like dating nowadays is so difficult compared to the past where girls and boys go out on dates and they confess to each other and get into a relationship. Now it's so complicated because people like to use the "I'm not ready for a relationship now" excuse to date around and still have fun without commitment. Sighs. But that's a topic for another time, this blogpost will just be about some personal tips of mine for girls on first dates! But honestly I feel like this is applicable for boys too!~


Related image
Just don't do this on a first date HAHAHAHAHA

-

First off, if you've gotten to know this guy through an online dating app which you've carefully picked out nice photos for and if you're worried about "catfishing" or disappointing him with your looks irl, you can always prepare him for how you'll look like! For example, in my pics online I am usually not wearing specs and have makeup and nice clothes on so prior to my first date I'll send video messages or tell them I'll not be wearing makeup and will be wearing my specs when I meet them so this gives the guy like a mental prep! If he is still interested in you after that, you'll know that he still thinks you're attractive regardless of your looks so that's good :) If he's not, then drop him LOL

If you're worried about what to dress, you might wanna ask him what activity you two will be doing so you can dress appropriately! It'll be really awkward if you're going to sit on the floor a lot or be doing physical activity and you're wearing really short shorts or a skirt! If you wear something uncomfortable, you'll end up spending more time fretting over your outfit than actually enjoying the date and getting to know the person you're with. But wear something that is true to yourself and at the same time, also exudes your personality! You can ask him what kind of style he likes girls to wear for ideas but you should wear sth that looks good on you but also makes you feel comfortable and in your own skin :) For me I usually wear sth that shows my figure well but is still pink and girly and comfortable because that's who I am.

Oh and if you're fussy with food (like I am), tell him that! That'll also test to see if he's considerate to you. While planning the date, I'll usually tell the guy what I feel like eating, or if he's planning where to bring me, then I'll let him that I'm not really the type to try new food and I won't eat certain veggies and a long list of cuisines. I'll also give him a slight heads up that if I don't have proper food I'll be in a bad mood HAHAHA
On the date itself, just be yourself! You should already have texted him enough to know how to keep the conversation going! You can always share about your day and ask him about his!! like a simple "so how was your day? :)" can be so sweet! You'll be surprised but so many people actually don't bother to really ask a person about their day. Even if they say it is boring, there's always things to talk about from there because even the simplest things in your life might be interesting to the other person! You can talk about the food or any common topic you two have. Just try not to use your phone haha (but instastorying the food is fine hahaha I do that all the time😉😅)
Don't worry, if all else fails, just pick up on his energy and follow the vibe, if he's being funny, laugh and joke back, if he's being shy, be sweet and gentle, if he's being an asshole, just use your phone or walk out or confront him LOL gotta let him know what's he getting himself into if he wants to date you HAHAHA (see this is why I'm single) !!!!! The most important tip I can give you is that:


Guys are into you, when you show that you're into them.✨


If you talk and flirt with them with that twinkle in your eye and a bright smile on your face, they'll feel good talking to you, and they'll want to talk to you more! It's about the connection you know~
And if you genuinely don't enjoy yourself, just leave the date, don't force yourself or feel obliged to do ANYTHING. You can just say that you're really tired or not feeling well, or you need to go home to do some work. In my worst case scenario, I've once texted a friend to call me and pretend it's an emergency because I felt so uncomfortable in the date and I just wanted to leave ASAP.
At the same time, girl to girl, I'll advise you not to pin too much hopes on the date bc many first dates don't work out (especially if it's through DMs or dating apps), just go and have fun and think of it as a free (?) meal if it doesn't work out. (Oh if you wanna know how to handle the split bill or he treats situation for meals, then that's a separate question!)
And a personal note: All the best for your first day babe! Have fun and relax! Let it be natural :) If he asked you out on a date, he obviously already thinks you're attractive, so you don't have any reason to feel insecure or doubt yourself, go get him and sweep him off his feet!❤️ Do comment down below (anonymously if you'd like) if these tips helped you in anyway or if you want targetted at boys! Or just request anything honestly I have so many dating experiences and failures and they're all so entertaining LOL


♥,

Jermaine x
Instagram: @ughjermaine

You Might Also Like

0 comments