Honest, Quick and Short Review of Artbox Singapore 2019!

11/23/2019 01:51:00 am

Hey! It’s been a while since my last blogpost and originally I was just going to post a short review of Artbox 2019 on my Instagram but it became quite long so I decided to post it here on my blog instead! Sooo I went to 22nd Nov on Friday which might have been a bad decision on hindsight considering that I have an A level paper on 27th Nov but oh well HAHAHA I typed this real quick so it’s just going to be honest, personal thoughts!
Went to Artbox with my best friend!


My review about Artbox 2019:

So firstly, getting to the actual venue was quite confusing because even tho it’s at TheGrounds@Kranji, you can ONLY enter if you walk from the mrt and follow the sheltered walkway so if you take the bus or taxi and you walk through the street, it’s a dead end somehow. Wish they could have put up some signs to warn us before we (and other people) walked the wrong way. There was no bag check this year too which confused me a bit but it made getting in a lot quicker since you just need to walk.

I felt like it was a bad decision to have gone at night because the lighting was very difficult to work with in photos (especially the light flares from the lights) and that frustated me quite a bit because I really wanted to take a nice instagrammable shot, but I guess I could have just went during daytime. I think it was much more crowded because it was nighttime too.

But the wider space do make it easier to walk and breathe! Although it was still cramped like typical Thailand night market style in the food lanes, the shopping lanes were so bare... Perhaps they could have made the width of the lane space bigger for the F&B stall but smaller for the rest.

The good news is there was more dining space to eat at and the live performances provided a really nice and chill ambient coupled with the cooling night temperature.

But it definitely seemed like there was lesser stores selling clothes this year. There were so many selling earrings and accessories, only a few handmade crafts and everything else seemed irrelevant. There is a lot more food stores but I guess it wasn’t really my liking? I wasted $5 on some chocolate cheese fried banana but it tasted quite bad. The other 2 food we ordered were quite meh too, but to be fair we didn’t buy the super ex mao shan wang golden 24k ice cream nor we did we queue incredibly long. I think total we only spent 2.5 hours there having queued up for food, eaten, and walked through the entire Artbox.

I didn’t spend much too because my friend and I were full pretty quickly, this is what we bought:





555 Milk tea $5
Meatballs in a bucket $10
Mac and Cheese with Cajun Chicken $5
Choco cheese fried banana $5 (don’t buy this)
Somersby’s Apple Cider $4 a bottle (we found random strangers to share the 5 bottles for $20 promos with!!)

Oh, and I gave the arcade games a miss because honestly there are many arcades in Singapore and the games weren’t different from what you could find in those arcades.

Overall, it’s a cool experience to try try but if you stay really far away for you and you’re busy, I don’t think you die-die must plan and go, I would say that it can be missed!

Hope this review, although late, can help you a little if you’re heading down to Artbox today or tomorrow, or for Artbox 2020? HAHA I typed this already so I might as well post it. Share with with YOUR review and experience of Artbox 2019 in the comments section down below (anonymously if you’d like!)

Until next time!

Love,
Jermaine ❤️ 
Follow me on Instagram @ughjermaine !!

You Might Also Like

0 comments